Saturday 5 January 2013

A very busy new year


I can't believe it's only the 6th. Already asking myself where has the time gone. All my good intentions to write every day went down the drain with my 4am start on the second.

The second started with feeding the masses, the masses of Victorian scouts headed to jamboree that is.  My rover crew joined the rest of our scout group in providing breakfast for the Victorian contingent (aprox 3000 people) on their way up to Marybrough for the 23rd Australian jamboree.

Then it was off to work for me. And though I wasn’t particularly busy at work this week due to the nature of the industry I work in, working and all that surrounds it (like getting ready and going to and from) makes life busy.

Thursday night was dinner out, Friday we took down the Christmas decos and packed for Saturday, and Saturday was off to Marybrough to visit the jamboree.

Three hour drive then three hours walking around the Jamboree and then dinner out with the rovers. It was a big and exciting day. It was great to see all the kids having fun and all the tired rovers talking about their days.

This morning we spent an hour on site then it was time to head back. Why head back so early? It’s my mothers birthday and we are all having dinner tonight.




No comments:

Post a Comment